Using WebEx for Support
If you are unable to use VNC, WebEx provides another means for APPX Support to examine and resolve problems remotely. Follow these instructions.
- Go to www.webex.com
- In the upper right hand corner, 2nd item: click "Host a Free Trial Meeting".
- Go to the bottom Paragraph "Try WebEx for FREE": click "Host Meeting".
- Enter WebEx ID = appx, Password = appx, "Sign In".
- Enter Meeting Name = "x". Leave all else blank. Click "Start Now".
- Call APPX Support, and give the 8-digit WebEx meeting number to the Support person.
- In the lower left hand corner: click "Share...", "Desktop".
- In the popup Window, don't enter any editable fields. Click "OK".
- In the upper right corner, next to the "_" minimize button, click "Sharing", then "Accept Control Request Automatically".
The person on the other side of your WebEx session should now be able to see your screen.
WebEx has a 10-minute limit for free support sessions. To restart an expired meeting, close WebEx, then go back to step 1 above.